Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What every man wishes his father had told him...

This is a great book that I started reading last fall just as an attempt to get ahead of Ethan's maturity and in order to provide the kind of fatherly advice that every boy deserves. Chapter 4 deals with affection and the impact of hearing "I love you" from one's father. It was sad for me to read about men who never heard these words from their father... 

I am so thankful for a Dad who never hesitated to tell me "I love you son" - not just during my childhood, but EVERY time we said goodbye to each other in person or on the phone during the last 20 years of my adulthood. And what's even better - he would usually tear up when he told me - so I felt the sincerity and marveled at how love could impact a man who stood 6'3" and weighed 240 lbs. 

What a gift...




"What Every Man Wishes His Father Had Told Him" by Byron Yawn





No comments:

Post a Comment